Sunday, June 14, 2009

Extraction of wisdom teeth---it's such a miserable experience.



Have been sleeping all day long+ no mood study, feeling so guilty..Since i've no mood to study, i would have a strong urge to tell all of u about my miserable experience of teeth extraction tat i've undergone yesterday. Here we go:

Before i went 2 dental hospital at 2pm, my fren(Ah Xian) already reminds me tat DO NOT take excessive water or food, or else i will vomit in the middle of surgery or postextraction generalized edema, so i jz follow. But i did take my breakfast adequately la..When i reach thr at 2pm sharp, that stupid receptionist asked me 2 register to student clinic so that my data can be documentized, it wastes me 15mins walking to n fro. Without delay much time, i directly go 2 c my doctor while my ducument is in processing. I meet my Doctor---Dr. Dishaw, 1st thing he asked me is:" Have u taken ur lunch?" ..I said NO..Then he asked lots of questions n i jz explained as wat 've my fren told me before. Kinda scary when he asked me:" R u sure u wan 2 continue the procedure, cz it'll be a bit difficult as u didnt take ur lunch?" i ask:" How risky was it?" He didnt actually tell me the complications of low glucose level, hemorrhage..since im medical student, i shd knw the risk. Without making me panic, he jz asnwered my question:" If i can't do it i need the assistance from my another 2 professors.." Walao, seriously i was hesitated whether postpone it again, but i dun hv much time, exam is jz around the corner!!!

1 of Chinese PG student(William said quite tall n handsome tat 1..) gave me a cup of glucose solution n i drink it..While waiting for my document be sent 2 the dental department, my doctor asked me 2 take some snacks, as long as my stomach is nt empty.When i step out from oral surgery department, Ah Xian happenned to meet me right over there, i told him about my case, he keeps apologize. Haha, not ur fault la, different healer has their different way 2 heal their patient, though our case seem like no different at all. Thn i hv a walk to Valley Hotel jz opposite dental hoapital, i've eaten a muffin n donut. 30mins later, i went back, thn the surgery has been started:

I tot i will be whole body anaesthetized jz like Ah Xian, thn enter unconscious state for 2hrs ++, felt no pain at all, woke up thn everthing has been done, how nice was tat!! But i'm wrong. Since they r PG student, haiz..im jz like their white mice, being on trial..Then i heard sth tat my case isnt easy 2 deal wif "Well, tis is called nonclassical III of molar teeth." blahx3...1 of them keeps taking my picture(of my teeth la..) ask me 2 smile somemore, swt== Can u imagine i openned my eyes n witnessed the whole procedure since beginning till ending? It took ard 1 hr n 15mins..Firstly, he injected localised anaesthetic n i still can felt the numbness at my chin area n lower lip till now(while im blogging..i bet tat doctor over-injected liao.)
The climax is when he used a driller 2 make a hole into my teeth so that he can easily hook n push it out, tat drilling sound, cant really stand with it.

The most scary part is, he used a wedge with a surgical hammer 2 pahat my teeth into few pieces, thn extract thm out. Wat if he exerts too much of strength, well, my mandible splits into half..omg!!!

The most painful experience is nt bleeding aft surgery, but during the time he was stitching the wound. I count edi, total 4times..i saw the needle, the thread, n all the instruments tat im jz toooooooooooo familiar wif (my exam has jz over n i did it well during session of suturing performance.) Aiks,,,i would rather being anaesthetized jz like wat my fren's done..
At the end, he injected antibiotic intravenously at the back of my hand, giving reminders n all the postextraction instructions, i wake up n look for my extracted wisdom teeth, packed n brought it bek..Bought lots of drugs that had been prescribed, i need to take 6 tab of them at a time..antibiotic la, antiinflammatory la, antibleeding drugs..
ANyway, it's a miserable experience.

Since i'm patient, n the patient is always superior 1. William n SL cooked me a western meal last night:


Still i can't take hard food or else my wound will bleed again. Emmmm, 6th day continuously drinking honeydew shake, i'm addicted i guess..wakakaka..

傍晚时分小睡了片刻,手机响起《知足》,Edwin的来电:跟他们讲了些话。不知道是哪一个家伙给妈妈看我的blog?然后她就一直在那边笑说她讲“一粒一粒”的英文。爸爸还是一样10句话里头少不了那几句:“最近还有考试吗?有没有吃蓝藻?气功还有没有练?不要只是为了读书,自己的身体也是要多照顾懂吗?那边钱还够用吗?需不需要寄钱过去给你?...”我从来不缺钱啦。还有,妈妈捎来好消息,说那个“利马”(n年前我为她取的华语名字,利马---秘鲁的首都)又要回来做工了,妈妈还是很乐意聘请了她,还讲说我9月1号回家之前她就已经会呆在家里帮手了。很好笑咧!我去年10月头出国后的几个礼拜她也正好飞回印尼;家里停了整一年,过着没有女佣的日子,然后我这次回去之前的几个星期她又出现在刘府了,真的是很奇妙!所以说啊,我那间封闭了就快一年(自从去年10月3号我离开家后就一直反锁着,因为我不喜欢/容许别人(除了我妈&女佣,她们是我唯一信得过的人)闯入我的小天地。)的房间也是时候有人进去打扫&清理了。我到时候又可以任意的一整堆臭衣服丢给她洗,吃饭后杯盘狼藉由她来收拾,饭后切水果...整幅大少爷pattern又会再次重现。哈哈,我就是那么喜欢待人侍候。出生在古时代,我一定是那种成天虐待宫女的暴君。哇咔咔咔咔!

晚上,跟Yap,SL & William他们去了tasty bite吃晚餐。他们一直讲我是“水桶”,因为我牙齿的缘故,害到我只能吃软不能吃硬的食物。所以就order了一碗lung fung soup, 两碗noodle soup + 一杯apple milk shake。全部都是液体之类的食物。然后讲起粽子,walao,弄到我垂涎欲滴。我个人对bak zhang这样食物特别挑剔,因为我从来不吃别人家里送过来的肉粽,就偏爱婆婆裹的粽子,其他的一律不碰,我很坚持。hamcha,汤圆亦是,虽然市场上售卖各式各样陷料的汤圆:包花生啦,豆沙啦,不然就麻薯...但我还是钟意婆婆传统式的红白两色的纯汤圆。下着毛毛细雨,我们撑着伞雨中漫步,边走路边唱着《下雨天》回家,这种情节一点都不浪漫。买了2支我最爱的TOBLERONE白色巧克力。便秘了,应该是药物的副作用。冲凉,吃药,我在等待着喷嚏,就感觉鼻子痒痒,没有reflex sneezing很不舒服。最后,用力的打了几次喷嚏,人也好了许多。

早睡早起,明天早点醒来去吃早餐,如果可以的话,读一点书啦,至少我会对得起良心,心安点。我拜二的presentation还没有开始准备,每次都是last minute。就像爸爸每次碎碎念一样:“每次都是等到大便要跌了才来找厕所。”

唉,江山易改,本性难移

No comments:

Post a Comment